Let’s all do our bit …
Introducing Eco Bonobo… the small local business making a big impact.
If lockdowns have taught us one thing, it’s how lucky we are to have nature on our doorstep. Characterised by hearing birds singing, finding new local walkways and sitting at home watching flowers flourish, many have had their senses awoken and sense of wellbeing restored by ambles around the neighbourhood. Fresh air and the great outdoors is precious!
Cue local zero waste business Eco Bonobo. Headed up by the uber passionate Natasha who is singlehandedly trying to educate the community about easy lifestyle changes for sustainable, plastic-free living, this is a small business making a huge impression with eco-friendly products and a vast knowledge of simple, quick wins that Natasha and her family can vouch for as being manageable and cost-effective.
Quick and easy fixes to greener living that you can start today:
- No single use straws, Eco Bonobo have a range of reusable steel straws
- Bring your own containers – from empty detergent bottles, to jam jars, Eco Bonobo want to fill you up! They have an extensive range of refillables from hand soap to toilet cleaner, washing up liquid to fabric softener, body wash to Cotswold Gold Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil! They also offer wholefoods from pasta, rice and grains to cereals, sweet treats and more
- Swap cling film for bright and cheery reusable food wraps
- Trade your plastic body wash scrunchie for a long lasting loofah – great for exfoliation and lathering
- Invest in a shampoo or conditioner bar – there’s a range of bars for different types of hair and each lasts for months and months (imagine how many plastic bottle that would save!)
- Ethical gifting – from traditional bamboo socks and delicious vegan gummies to pampering for green-living newcomers
Natasha’s passion for her products and the planet is heartfelt. If she can encourage people to make just one of the above changes she is left a happy tradeswoman.
Local market dates:
- Fridays: Fruity Tooty, Vale Retail Park, Aylesbury
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturday: Tring Farmers Market
- Every 1st and 3rd Saturday: Headington Market
- Every 3rd Sunday: Berkhamsted Farmers Market
Online shop: www.ecobonobo.co.uk
Give them a follow for latest products and pop-up locations:
Facebook: Eco Bonobo
Help make Bucks better! If you have any tips or hacks of easy ways to waste less and cut back on plastic use we’d love to hear them. Email them to email@example.com or get social with us @hiyabucks on Instagram.