Join our Virtual Challenge
Take part in our first virtual fundraising event to help raise money for Lindengate.
Set yourself a challenge based on the 5 Ways to Wellbeing – you’ll be making a difference to your own wellbeing whilst supporting Lindengate.
It’s Mental Health Awareness Week 10th – 16th May and this year’s theme is nature, so if you can pick a challenge that gets you outdoors – even better!
WHEN: challenges can start anytime from 1st May and must be completed by July 31st 2021.
WHAT: you can do any activity in a location of your choice, in line with Government guidelines and social distancing rules.
How to Take Part
- Set your challenge – it can be anything. You could use the number 5 as your inspiration or focus on an idea that links to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
- Set up your VirginGiving page and share with your friends, family and colleagues to collect your sponsorship money.https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?charityId=1010099
- Start your challenge.
You can do this on your own, with your family, or as a team (in line with Government guidelines and social distancing rules).
5 Ways to Wellbeing and Ideas
Be Active, Give, Connect, Take Notice, Keep Learning
- Set yourself a challenge to run, walk, skate or cycle a certain distance
- Set yourself a dancing challenge, or similar
- Gardening challenge
- Make a bug hotel
- Host a virtual quiz or games night
- Host a virtual coffee morning
- Host a show or concert
- Photograhy or drawing challenge
- Auction off your drawings or photographs
- Head out on a mindful walk and set yourself a distance challenge
- Cookery challenge
- Learn a language
- Read 5 books in 5 days
- Host a virtual lesson or class
You could even set yourself 5 separate challenges!
We’d love to hear about your challenges – please share your photos and updates online using #Lindengate5 and tag us in your posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – good luck!